Supporters

Timespan's Artist in Residence programme is supported by the Paul Hamlyn Foundation and the Eurpoean Community Highland Leader 2007-2013 Programme

Saturday 14 August 2010

Install week at Timespan

I'm heading back up to Helmsdale on Monday for one final week. I'll miss this place!

It's install week for the exhibition 'Close-Knit' so I'm feeling excited to see how it all comes together. It looks good in my head but...

I've designed it so that you will be taken on a bit of a journey through the gallery space, down a small corridor and into a room, which is actually exactly 3/4 of the size of a particular croft I have been exploring. I had hoped to make it full size but, even though it's tiny and would have fitted in the gallery (can you believe it? A whole house!) there wouldn't have been much room left for the other works.

I hope that people aren't put off by this corridor and slightly small dark space as, through this room, you will find several other works, made by me with the help of many local people, and also a stunning view of the river.

Please come if you can?


No comments:

Post a Comment