Supporters

Timespan's Artist in Residence programme is supported by the Paul Hamlyn Foundation and the Eurpoean Community Highland Leader 2007-2013 Programme

Tuesday 3 August 2010

Final week


It was my final week as Artist in Residence in Timespan last week. The next time I go up will be to install the exhibition (opens 20th August), so it was a frantic week, trying to get everything finished. I nearly managed too! Though it did mean working from 8 in the morning to midnight every day!!

I was extremely pleased with the knitting group and kids, who have been helping me make a piece of work. They've done a sterling job and managed to achieve what I thought initially to be an ambitious amount of work. 21 pairs of booties have been knitted, the exact number of children who lived in Badbea in 1841 I'm led to believe, so that's spot on. The group even met for a second time during the week to help me put together all of the knitted squares into something that resembled big stones (for the booties to be tied to so the children won't fall off the cliff!).

The piece will be called 'For your Own Good'

There's a lot of 'good's in my titles: 'One perfectly Good Bucket' and 'One perfectly Good Bedpan', I asked their opinion of this and they said 'It's all good!'

No comments:

Post a Comment