Supporters

Timespan's Artist in Residence programme is supported by the Paul Hamlyn Foundation and the Eurpoean Community Highland Leader 2007-2013 Programme

Wednesday 9 June 2010

Julia Douglas returns to Timespan


How exciting to be the first to write something on this blog...and I'm not even staying in the flat...yet!

I'll explain more as I go, but first, some highlights from my journey from East Lothian to Helmsdale Sutherland:


The sculptural train wash and fantastic ceiling in Perth station


Just leaving Inverness



And finally, my traveling companion (I think he was a trainspotter. He had a wee notebook and guide and was clearly chuffed to have spotted something!)(I do apologize if he spots this!)


Arrived in Helmsdale with a ridiculously heavy bag, plus camera bag, plus laptop bag, totally knackered!

I came up last August for a two week residency, invited by Timespan and Claudia Zeiske from Finefunds, to write a proposal for a future residency and here I am. I am artist in residence here for 2 months, so I'll try and keep this blog up to date with my progress.

I'm not staying in the flat for the first couple of weeks because artist, Aileen Stackhouse, is also here, for a residency funded by the Royal Scottish Academy, and is already settled in the flat.

I'll write again soon and tell you a bit about my aims for the residency. if you want to know more about who I am, I also have my own blog, which you can read here

Cheerio for now
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment